A new kind of access control panel, the Smart Handle enables doors with only mechanical locking to be easily and quickly added to a U-Prox access control system. The use of RF communication means no door drilling or physical wiring is necessary.
The entire mechanism is incorporated in a pair of door escutcheons. It is powered by 3 AAA batteries and communicates wirelessly with the U-Prox IC L network controller. It can be mounted on any type of door from 38-59mm wide. It is specially designed to accommodate the 3570 and 3580 series of Australian Lockwood™ and Legge Mechanical Mortise Locks, and can be retrofitted in just 10 minutes.
It is compatible with all U-Prox IP door and elevator controllers and supports a range of high security card technologies.
- Operates under control of a U-Prox IC L network controller
- ISM device two-way RF communication
- Frequency band 915.5-927.5 MHz
- Wireless range up to 20m
- Built-in keypad and RF ID reader
- Read Range: up to 40mm
- 3000 tags
- Power supply – 3 AAA batteries (included)
- 30 000 openings, up to 2 years life